PDF - Dyslexia Games Series A - Print At Home
Dyslexia Games Series A develops basic reading skills, corrects reading confusion, and eliminates letter and number reversals.
Perfect for 5-8 year-olds who:
- Struggle with K-1 Level Reading. Reverse or confuse letters and numbers.
- Need to learn basic reading and spelling skills.
- Have messy handwriting.
- Have trouble paying attention to details.
- Have symptoms of ADHD, Dyslexia or Asperger's Syndrome.
- Can't remember right and left.
- Do not respond well to normal phonics lessons.
Is Series A for my child?
Can your child consistently read three letter words? If not, Series A is the place to start, otherwise go for Series B to start.
* After completing Series A, the student will be ready for Series B or any normal 1st grade curriculum. Completing Series B brings the child to a 3rd+ grade level in reading and writing.
* Most 8 year-olds will need both Series A & B
Includes 6 Workbooks. Complete the first book before moving on to the next.
Dyslexia Games Instructions
Dyslexia Games is fun for kids and easy for parents!
The workbooks are designed to be completed in order (complete book 1 before moving on to book 2)
Have the student complete 3-5 pages per day. They can do most of them on their own and are self-explanatory. The key is prevent fatigue. More or less pages are fine too, but try to do it EVERY day.
For best results, pause other language arts work while you complete Dyslexia Games. Reading stories out loud to them, videos, and anything vouluntary is good, but NO phonics or reading practice or games. Don't do anything that causes fatigue.
Use a fine tipped black liner pen (marker pen) to make the strokes match the width of the strokes in the workbook.
You'll complete a whole Series of Dyslexia Games in 2-3 months. At the end, then start to re-introduce normal schoolwork. You should notice a definite difference in your child!
At that point, you may have them do the next Series of Dyslexia Games.